Manpower Ashford are working with a client to find the best Industrial workers for ongoing work in the Kent area. We have an exciting opportunity to work in the secure loading and unloading of vehicles .
The role is to liaise with HM Government colleagues to load and unload lorries as requested, working on a rotating shift pattern covering 24/7 operations. The candidate will work as part of a team to assist Government colleagues facilitate Customs checks. (Candidates are not expected to undertake inspections).
A forklift truck licence is not essential but please highlight if you have one and are prepared to drive an FLT if required.
You will need to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in processing your daily activities and possess a positive and open attitude.
Reporting to a Team Leader, you will be expected to demonstrate flexibility and capability to perform all aspects of warehousing in order to meet all key performance indicators and exceed customer expectations.
- Carry out operational tasks as requested in order to achieve departmental and site objectives
- Loading and unloading of lorries. This may include manual handling, roller cages or pallet trucks. Split of role is 80% manual handling and 20% administrative
- Ensure the correct handling of all client products is carried out at all stages within the facility being compliant with trained manual handling procedures
- Undertake any manual and/or electronic reporting requirements as requested
- A range of duties to support the operational efficiency and general housekeeping and hygiene standards of the warehouse and site
- To undertake such additional duties as may be reasonably required for the effective role
- Undertake all training necessary to fulfil the requirement of flexibility to enable presence within any required areas of the warehouse
- Use of the nominated Yard Management System to reflect the operation status change
- Ensure time and attendance within operational standards and site requirements
- Ensure that any issues are escalated to management
- React to change due to operational and client requirements and carrying out duties in a professional and timely fashion
- Work in a team environment
- Good communication skills (required for radio/walkie talkies)
- On occasions, assist with the training of new colleagues to the role
- Be committed to continuous development in line with operational needs, constantly striving for increased efficiency, productivity and growth
- Be understanding and operate within the values of HM Government and the Site Operator
- Ensure conduct and behaviour to be compliant with Health & Safety legislation and guidelines of both HM Government and the Site Operator
- Compliance with all HM Government and Site Operator policies, procedures and onsite requirements
The role is based at one specific location and requests for home and remote working are not applicable.
This role involves working on a shift pattern covering 35.7 working hours per week across 24/7. Evening and weekend work is included in the role. The pay is £10.42 per hour to include Day, night and Weekend working.
This role will potentially involve standing and walking for long periods.
Moving vehicles around the working area can present a hazard risk, therefore your ability to adhere to safety guidelines and being able to observe signage and floor markings is important. Safety equipment is provided as necessary.
Please apply online and a member of our team will be in contact to help you through the process. We look forward to speaking with you soon!