Multi Skilled Operative / Labourer - Cranbrook Exeter
Our client, a leading energy provider in the UK is currently recruiting for a Multi-Skilled operative / labourer in the Cranbrook, Exeter area. This is a 6 month position with the opportunity for it to be ongoing for the right people, where you will be assisting a team of approximately 20 staff with the Southwest District Heating Scheme; this is the construction to provide heating and hot water into new build housing and commercial properties. This process includes putting pipework into trenches, assisting the welders and connecting pipework to the energy centre to distribute out to properties.
Location: Cranbrook, Exeter
Pay Rate: £12.88 per hour
Duration: 12 months
Hours: Monday - Friday - 8-hour shifts between 7am & 5pm (possibility for overtime)
You will be on a major construction site and will be responsible for:
- Installing district heating pipes
- Fitting pipes and working with welders
- Band Muffing (thermally insulating pipes)
- Machine driving (diggers, forklifts and dumpers)
The essential skills we are looking for are:
- A valid CSCS / CPCS card
- Experience working within a construction environment, ideally on homes and commercial properties.
- Any experience working within a civil engineering environment would be of interest.
- Experience operating machinery and holding machine operator tickets is advantageous
- Heavy lifting
- Experience of distributing pipework
Please note you must hold a valid driving license and have access to a vehicle to travel to site.