Job Ref - SF32437
About the role:
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit a Physicist to our team at Sellafield to support our Radiometric Physics output.
This role will entail the delivery of physics services to our Customers and stakeholders to meet stakeholder requirements and business objectives. You will ensure all work is carried out safely in accordance with all safety, quality, security, environmental and site instructions and requirements.
Working in a large team of Physicists carrying out radiometric measurement and analysis on behalf of our business and our Customers, this role will include deploying instrumentation, taking measurements, analysing data and producing and presenting technical reports to our Customers.
We are looking for well-rounded Physicists who are able to develop ideas and provide input to projects, working closely with colleagues to develop continuous improvement recommendations and innovations to ensure best working practice.
What do I need to do this role?
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant technical discipline
- Technical background preferably in Physics or associated subject such as Mathematical Modelling, Instrumentation etc
- Nuclear or Radiometric background would be advantageous but we welcome applications from candidates operating currently in other Physics disciplines
- Ideally Chartered or working towards Chartership with the IOP
- Must be eligible for UK SC level security clearance for this role
What else do I need to know?
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
- Some UK wide travel may be required within this role, with occasional overnight stays
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
About Cavendish Nuclear/Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.