Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Salary: £ 31,470.00 - £ 38,480.00
About the role
A significant programme of infrastructure investment is required on the Devonport site to meet the needs of the future ship and submarine programmes. A new 'Major Infrastructure Projects' (MIP) Business Unit has been established to focus on the significant facility developments.
The Lead Engineering team are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join them on a permanent, full time basis.
You'll report to the Head of Engineering Capability and provide technical support into the MIP Lead Engineering Team, assisting the delivery of an effective Engineering function.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Prepare technical briefing packs in support of Engineering engagements with both internal and external stakeholders (including regulators)
- Support the collation and preparation of monthly reporting information for the Engineering function
- Develop and maintain a capability register of Engineering resources
- Support the development and maintenance of Engineering management arrangements and toolsets
- Provide central co-ordination of MIP Engineering Information via management and oversight of the Engineering areas of p:drive and Sharepoint
- Co-ordinate the internal audit programme on behalf of the Engineering function
What do I need to do the role?
You must have experience in a STEM discipline and hold an NVQ Level 3 in a STEM discipline, with a sound understanding of health & safety, design and quality requirements. Nuclear experience is highly desirable, but not essential (training will be given).
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of the following:
- Editorial and briefing skills, with ability to summarise complex technical information and present in an effective manner
- Advanced level experience in the use of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 04/11/2020