We have an immediate, Full Time position available for a Funeral Service operative, an essential keyworker for the last line of care
As a Funeral Service Operative, you will act as an ambassador for our funeral homes. Showing empathy and compassion, you will be required to treat the deceased with the utmost respect. This position does not require previous experience, but we do expect you to provide exceptional customer service in a dignified manner, working as part of a team to support families and friends of the deceased in their time of need.
What you’ll need to do:
- Provide excellent customer service to a diverse range of customers.
- Clean, prepare and chauffeur funeral vehicles, carry coffins and help care for the deceased.
- Support with the private ambulance service which brings the deceased into our care from hospitals, hospices, private homes and more.
- Act in a dignified manner always, displaying a professional attitude, approachability and attention to detail.
What we’ll need from you:
- Resilience, able to work in emotionally demanding environments.
- Works as part of a team to deliver a discreet, dignified and reliable support service for clients on the day of the funeral by loading/unloading/bearing of coffins.
- Takes health and safety for self and others seriously and is responsible for ensuring compliance to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Good flexibility and very caring.
- Strong values, common sense, good judgement, teamwork and passion.
- There will be some on-call hours required for this role
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (pro rata).
- Various shift patterns available - flexibility will be required.
- Full training is provided
- Opportunity to build on customer service skills and give back to your community in the last line of care.
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government.
Dignity Funerals are one of the leading funeral providers within the UK and are currently listed on the London stock exchange, with a history dating back to 1812 we employ over 4,400 staff across our 826 funeral locations and 45 crematoria sites.
We are trusted by our customers to provide the most professional, empathic support at times of difficulty.
We continue to operate to the highest possible standards across our network whether it be in our operational roles based at our local funeral providers/crematoria, our award winning 24-hour Client Service Centre or our supporting functions within our Head Office in the heart of Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham).
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do, if you wish to be part of a successful business with a strong moral compass.