As a Part Time Funeral Assistant, your role will include a mix of administrative duties, dealing with bereaved family and friends to ensure the delivery of a caring and personalised client experience. You will work in a busy office and hold excellent administration and customer service skills, acting with empathy and compassion at all times.
What you’ll need to do:
- Arrange funeral consultation appointment between the bereaved family and the Funeral Manager
- The administration of funeral arrangements, working with the Funeral Manager to ensure administration processes are followed and tasks are completed correctly to set processes
- Managing petty cash, invoicing and credit control
- Managing communication with bereaved friends and families either online or face to face
- Escorting families to the chapel of rest visits when necessary
- Dealing with statutory papers and following GDPR regulations – training is provided for this
What we’ll need from you:
- Proactive approach and ability to communicate effectively with a range of people, both in person and remotely
- Comfortable coming into contact with the deceased through the Chapel of Rest visit
- Presentable at all times, acting with professional conduct and showing empathy
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- Flexible approach to the part-time working hours - core hours 10 – 2 Monday to Friday
- Ability to build relationships across the community
- Experience using Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Supply the necessary documentation for a full DBS check
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday.
- Full training is provided
- Prospect of growth and career development
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government.
Dignity Funerals are one of the leading funeral providers within the UK and are currently listed on the London stock exchange, with a history dating back to 1812 we employ over 4,400 staff across our 826 funeral locations and 45 crematoria sites.
We are trusted by our customers to provide the most professional, empathic support at times of difficulty.
We continue to operate to the highest possible standards across our network whether it be in our operational roles based at our local funeral providers/crematoria, our award winning 24-hour Client Service Centre or our supporting functions within our Head Office in the heart of Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham).
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do, if you wish to be part of a successful business with a strong moral compass.