Technical Trainer - Health & Safety
Job Ref: SF32163
About the role:
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Technical Trainer to join our Energy & Marine business in Rosyth.
Reporting to the L&D Partner, you'll be responsible for delivering all aspects of H&S training relating to the SHE passport, including reviewing training material to ensure it is kept up-to-date with latest thinking and any internal changes. You'll also be responsible for delivering other aspects of technical training as required.
- To deliver Health and Safety training
- To review existing HSE training and working with the H&S team revise where required to ensure compliance with site policy and legislation
- Advise line managers on SHE Passport requirements for their teams to ensure requirements of SHE passport are met
- Keep abreast of site policy, new legislation / changes to site policy / legislation and take any necessary actions
- Deliver interventions through face to face workshops and virtual classes
- Participate in any train the trainer workshops to be able to deliver other technical workshops on site, in particular supporting refresher training and composite working
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need technical experience and familiarity of safety, health and environment and fire legislation as well as a good understanding of technical skills required for different roles on site.
We would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
- Proven technical training delivery experience
- Tenacious and able to positively challenge legacy approach and stimulate change through stakeholder engagement
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Train the trainer course or a willingness to participate in the workshop
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- You will be based at our Rosyth site, but can work at home when appropriate
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.