My client is one of the leading housing providers and aims to deliver 7500 new homes by 2023, making this a great time for an experienced electrician to join the team.
Covering the Havant area, the role involves delivering rapid-response housing repairs, maintenance and improvement services to ensure that customers' homes are safe and maintained to a high standard.
This is a full time, (39 hours per week), permanent vacancy for candidates qualified to City and Guilds 236 Pt 1 & 2 (or NVQ Level). Copies of qualifications will be requested prior to interview.
- Install service and maintain appropriate systems and appliances in commercial and domestic premises as well as carry out programmed maintenance and servicing in commercial and domestic premises.
- Conduct relevant, testing, safety inspection reports, electrical certification, fault finding and remedial works.
- Provide accurate daily working information on operational activities, electronically or otherwise, in a consistent manner to comply with regulatory and company requirements.
- Ensure all works are carried out in line with company procedures and policies, Health and Safety, control of hazardous materials, in line with COSHH regulations and PPE.
- Ensure the company vehicle meets the standard by keeping it in clean condition, ensuring regular maintenance checks are undertaken and any necessary records and stock are maintained.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is fully functional, appropriately maintained and certificated with defects reported and waste materials disposed of correctly.
- Support the protection and safety of our customers by identifying safeguarding concerns and following the safeguarding procedures, making appropriate referrals.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- Certificated qualifications and demonstrated experience in domestic and commercial electrical works.
- Proven knowledge and experience in electrical fixed wire testing, installing and maintaining up to 230v.
- Ability to correctly complete the relevant certifications, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to accurately interpret technical data & drawings and instructions.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety Practices.
- ECS/JiB - Graded Electrician.
- Other building trade skills in addition to main trade.
- Proven knowledge and experience in electrical fixed wire testing, installing and maintaining up to 400v.
- City and Guilds 236 Pt 1 & 2 (or NVQ Level 3).
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671.
Candidates must be a resident of the UK with a full UK drivers licence.