Ejection Seat Bay Controller
Location - RAF Valley, Anglesey
About the role:
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit an Ejection Seat Bay Controller.
You will be responsible to the Support Bays Manager for scheduled and unscheduled Ejection Seat Bay maintenance activities and the supporting administrative duties within the department including SQEP management, absence reporting and AMC compliance in support of Hawk AJT and IOS contracts at RAF Valley.
You will ensure that the contracted output is met in a safe and controlled approach. The department personnel are to be fully utilised to ensure suitably qualified personnel are available to maintain Hawk Ejection Seats in a timely and cost effective manner. Additional duties associated with this role include providing support to aircraft role bay personnel handling both maintenance and pastoral requirements where required, to support AMRO and AJT maintenance programmes as well as the maintenance and preparation of Hawk explosively operated equipment and pyrotechnics.
Other responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Ensuring that all Hawk Ejection Seat tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner, delivered in line with the maintenance programme and to the standard laid down in the approved maintenance data. Contributing to maintenance planning forums to ensure that assets are delivered to forward and depth maintenance departments on time, identifying risks to the schedule and sourcing suitable recovery solutions.
- Ensuring that all maintenance equipment, spares and tooling are serviceable and available to maintenance staff.
- Ensuring that all quality management system processes are robustly adhered to including tool control, staff competence and maintenance recording
- The overall safety and security of armament personnel, equipment and facilities associated with the department is maintained. Ensuring that ejection seat maintenance documentation is completed via the approved maintenance record, checking for accuracy, completeness and referenced to approved maintenance data. Delivery of maintenance schedule updates, Technical knowledge and resource utilisation rates via digital platforms in a concise, accurate and timely manner.
- The communication of maintenance updates, safety briefings and company notices through the medium of WSUM/DSUM (Weekly/daily start up meetings). Reporting deficiencies in maintenance data/documentation via the appropriate method (IEDB, TPRF, QOR, F760)
- Maintaining engineering standards as detailed in MAOS MAI MRP PART 145 MAINTENANCE ORGANISATION EXPOSITION (MOE) & MRP 145 Approval Supporting Documents.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need previous experience in ejection seat maintenance experience, including supervisory experience.
We would also like you to have:
* Completed a Martin Baker type ejection seat course.
* Training in relevant discipline Mechanical/Electrical to City and Guilds Level or level 3 equivalent (completed an apprenticeship)
* Experience of maintaining and arming/disarming of explosively operated equipment and pyrotechnics.
* Experience of leading groups of maintainers inside a P145 environment
Lastly we would like you to have a full Driving Licence, working knowledge and use of IT Operating Systems (MS Office Suite) and the Internet.
What else do I need to know?
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role. You should have the ability to obtain Security clearance to SC level
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.