Fibre Engineer, Basingstoke
£27k basic + 25% bonus for site/van tidy
Are you currently working within telecoms, perhaps not getting paid what you deserve or simply looking for an exciting new challenge?
Our client who are one of the UK's leading network installation business on the Openreach and other network providers, seek experienced Telecom Fibre Engineer's to join their telecommunications projects around the M4/M25 corridor.
You will be employed to install, connect and test optical fibre cable in the provision of PON (Passive Optical Networks) and spine routes on the Openreach external network.
So, if you are working on similar projects at the minute and have a valid driving licence with ability to tow, a valid MEWP ticket and Streetworks card (unit 2 minimum) then we would love to hear from you.
Our client has made a commitment that you'll receive formal training, on-the-job and where appropriate, E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
No two days will be the same however typically you will;
- Complete intrusive surveys ('rodding and roping') on the underground and overhead network to locate blockages and establish clear cable routes.
- Assess CBT (Connectorised Block Terminal) locations to minimise overhead road crossings.
- Produce A55 (As Built) diagrams
- Install sub-duct and blow fibre cable on spine routes.
- Pull 6 core fibre cable on Passive Optical Network routes.
- Introduce fibre to nodes and CBT's (Connectorised Block Terminals)
- Build and create nodes (fibre cable joints).
- Splice and test external fibre cable.
Sound good? Well then hopefully this will make you apply instantly.
- Starting salary of £27,000 plus achievable 25% bonus.
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
Apply with your CV and a consultant will contact you to discuss this further.