Our client based in Church Stretton inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise.
When Brexit comes into effect in January 2021 there will be a significant increase in UK Customs clearances as shipments from the EU that need to be processed. Our client will continue to use Logistics Service Providers (LSPs) for Customs clearance with subsequent manual processing until an automated system is in place that allows them to self-file clearances.
Due to this they are currently recruiting for a Customs Administrator to support with the additional workload.
Duties will include
- Checking clearances made by LSPs on our clients behalf, using data provided. Working with LSPs to resolve any errors that are identified, per established process.
- Providing clearance instructions to LSPs for ad hoc shipments on our clients deferment account for Import VAT and Duty payments.
- Working with the Business to: capture shipment requirements for customer sales and service, and support Transaction Tax and Accounts Payable needs.
- Attending regular status reviews with Trade Manager and the team to report progress and prioritise.
- The position will be office based, working from home when this is not possible
Suitable candidates will have
- Good A levels or equivalent. Suitable for school leavers, higher level education does not mean you are overqualified.
- At least 2 years previous experience in an admin role is preferred.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word; comfortable learning how to use new systems.
- Clear and effective communication over phone, via WebEx/Zoom and by email.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, flexibility and focus on priorities and process.
This is a temporary position with immediate start paying upto £15.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Our is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.