14:00 - 22:00
Monday to Friday
£19.10 per hour
The Traffic Office Manager is responsible for the management of the transport and distribution operations within the Vehicle Operating Centre on a particular shift. The role reports to the Lead Distribution Manager and is accountable for overall management of operations within the transport office. This role also:
- Leads a team of dedicated front line Vehicle Operating Centre staff.
- Creates and supports an environment in which front line employees can achieve excellence by ensuring the effective operation of highly standardised network procedures.
- Pursues achievement of quality, financial, customer and people objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring Safe and Legal operations, including maintaining and monitoring of all aspects of the fleet Operators Licence in line with business policy.
- Managing the Advanced Driver Coaches to improve Safety and Efficiency as well as ensuring the Upskilling and Training of drivers is kept updated.
- Responsible for the Management & Maintenance of the Vehicle Telemetry systems, to ensure all Drivers, Vehicles/Trailers and Duties are aligned and monitored correctly on the computer based system.
- Ensure compliance to Road Transport & Working Time Directive legislation and EU Drivers hour's regulations by optimisation duty scheduled and National Road Service List.
- Ownership of Staff Resourcing Plan, holding weekly resourcing meetings with CWU rep to ensure all duties are resourced as efficiently as possible liaising with agency where necessary and ensuring that robust plans are in place for Special Events and Christmas Peak.
- Responsible for first line consultation with local workplace CWU reps when making changes to duty schedules.
- Responsible for measurement and display of key Performance Indicators and analysing data to identify and address improvement actions including high impact duties to achieve move to time targets.
- Maintain duty Schedule (P318's) ensuring timely upload to Management Data Systems and providing daily shift and other reporting required by the Distribution Manager.
- Proactively managing pipeline interfaces on and between shifts and working with processing colleagues to achieve our National Quality Move to Time (MTT) targets.
- To work collaboratively with Pipeline Colleagues to deliver targeted Loss levels across all Logistics accountable headings and facilitate achievement of wider RFID Pipeline Target.
- Take ownership of local Moe To Time performance data and identify high impacting routes by unit.
Key knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
- Knowledge of Safety & Legal requirements, including driver hour's legislation.
- Experience of Managing and engaging front line people effectively and dealing with poor performance.
- Industry experience and knowledge of Vehicle Telemetry systems.
- Industry experience and working knowledge of mails and Parcelforce operations, leading teams and delivering results across a balanced scorecard.
- To hold Management Certificate of Professional Competence or be prepared to study for and attain within 12 months.
- Ability to work in a busy Traffic Office environment and able to deal with customer issues in a timely manner and under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with both area and local teams.
- Able to work flexibly, sometimes changing start or finish times at short notice due to operational requirements.
- Procedural experience of Royal Mail Conduct & Attendance Policy and Processes
- Good working knowledge of distribution tools such as DMS, Paragon, Qlikview, Excel, PSP, Open Options, and RSL.
- Participate in Cross Functional improvement activity and take ownership of plans to reduce accountable loss.
- Working knowledge of project management techniques.
- Ensure all Bank Holidays and Special Events have robust plans with contingencies to ensure
- Accountability for deploying Network review to time and benefit level in both staff and non-staff areas in conjunction with Network Optimisation team.
- Experience/Knowledge of continuous improvement tools & techniques and a track record of delivering improvements.
- Experience of Managing & Deployment of complex planning tasks.