Training Optimisation Lead
HMNB Clyde, Faslane
About the role
Here at Babcock International, we operate a significant outsourced contract for the provision of education and training services to the Royal Navy. The training services comprise of naval technical and tactical training and education, delivered by Babcock Trainers as well as training support.
In support of the Director Submarine Capability, this role will be responsible for supporting the safe, effective, and efficient re-location and transition of the Royal Navy's submarine training from HMS Raleigh and HMS Sultan to form a major part of the Royal Navy's Submarine Training Capability (SMTC) in a new purpose-built Future Submarine School (FSS) facility at Her Majesty's Naval Base (HMNB) Clyde.
As the Training Optimisation Lead, your main responsibility will be to support the Royal Navy in achieving its objectives set out in its Maritime Training Strategy through Initial Operating Capability (IOC) and Full Operating Capability (FOC) the role will support all FSS Workstreams with overall responsibility for Workstream 0 and its interfaces with all other Workstreams and their contractual milestones.
The five main FSS Workstreams are:
- Workstream 0: Optimisation analysis, training design and transition
- Workstream 1: Relocation and integration of existing training systems and equipment
- Workstream 2: New computer-based media and Submarine Qualification (SMQ) Course
- Workstream 3: New simulators, part task trainers and structures
- Workstream 4: Support to Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and its contractors during building design and construction
You will provide planning, programme management and technical subject matter expertise to ensure the submarine training business drives efficiency and effectiveness through relocation and transition maintaining the necessary capabilities to support current and future FSS requirements. You will support large multifunctional bid and programme/project/partner teams as required, also, maintain and cultivate excellent and effective relationships with the all members of the team. In addition, you will develop, manage, and provide all training plans, policies, procedures, processes and reports as required to ensure that the FSS Workstreams 0 and its interdependencies meet or exceeds set targets and its performance and outputs are understood by all key stakeholders.
What do I need to do the role?
- Capability transition and optimisation experience gained within the Training and Defence Sectors, with exposure to customer operational requirements and government procurement organisation processes.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent senior management experience of transitioning training services from initial requirements through design to implementation and delivery.
- Programme management experience comprising multiple complex projects, infrastructure programmes, large multifunctional professional teams working within the UK Defence Estate.
- High level of familiarity with Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) compliance, training media and synthetic training environments with an understanding of the capabilities and performance of submarine warfare, safety, communications, weapon system and nuclear propulsion systems.
What else do I need to know?
You will be based at HMNB Clyde, Faslane with a requirement for some travel between sites within the UK. You will work 37 hours per week Monday to Friday with flexible working and you must be able to achieve the appropriate level of Security Clearance before starting.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you have completed this you will be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our website. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.