An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Customer Account Manager based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead (initially to commence working from home). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 9 months, working a 36.25 hour week. This role is paying up to £40,500 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
This role will initially be responsible for taking on 2 key strategic projects with national convenience accounts with the ambition to significantly increase our impulse ice cream business and unlock white space opportunities for other away from home categories. It will involve working closely with internal stakeholders, route to market partners and of course directly with multiple stakeholders within your accounts.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with imagination and drive to overcome challenges and a curiosity as to how we improve the sell out of ice cream to consumers in the convenience store environment. They will be obsessive over the activation of the plans and be comfortable with the fast paced nature of the role.
* Build strong and sustainable relationships at all levels with a range of wholesale and retail customers.
* Develop a deep contact network at head office, regional and outlet level.
* Act as active ambassador of Unilever
* Negotiate effectively with the customer e.g. to agree trade terms, trade funding, and counterparts according to the UL ice cream strategy
* Manage our presence at key customer events e.g. trade shows
* Develop strong customer business plans with the support of a great cross-functional team of Brand Managers, Category Managers, AFMs and Shopper Marketing
* Develop and deliver an optimal category promotional plan
* Manage promotional and non-promotional investments with the customers and ensure all agreements are properly documented and stored
* Own all administration for your accounts, invoicing & accruals etc.
* Manage the launch of new products with customers e.g. selling in the new product and providing samples in a timely manner
* Ensure effective in-store activation of key events (e.g. promotions, range reviews), providing clear briefings to the Retail Operations Team where appropriate
* Develop a sector strategy to ensure delivery of sales and profit targets
* Manage the customer P&Ls and the overall level of customer investment
* Ensuring regular reviews with customers to monitor and maintain performance versus plan
* Manage in-month performance vs forecast, working closely with CBMs and Business Operations
* Manage accruals and pricing accurately and efficiently
* Ensure customer is compliant with agreed trade terms; where these are breached seek a resolution and monitor implementation
Knowledge & Skills Required:
* Minimum 2 years relevant Customer Account Management experience
* Commercial and financial acumen
* Obsessive at achieving world class execution
* Sales and negotiation
* Influencing and relationship building
* Networking ability at all levels of seniority
* Communication and presentation skills
* Analytical ability to draw insights from data
* Competent with Excel and key business systems
* Entrepreneurial flair to find creative solutions for customers
* Experience of managing convenience customers
* Experience of ice cream/frozen category
* Experience of making new business pitches and winning contracts
Some travel required (N.B this will need to be in line with latest COVID guidelines)