Due to expansion our well established client is looking for a Carpet Fitter to cover the Cardiff area.
Reporting to the Head of Property, you will be responsible for undertaking both responsive and planned tasks to properties within the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Carry out tasks in occupied and empty properties such as the following:
- Cleaning of existing flooring
- Clearing the work area of furniture and sometimes removing doors
- Preparing the surface by cleaning, and levelling with compound if required
- Cutting and fitting underlay
- Fixing flooring materials by one of several methods such as stretching over spiked grippers, stitching, taping, heat-sealing or gluing
- Once fitted moving furniture back into place and re-hanging doors
- Fitting of other materials such as wood, laminates and vinyl
- Removal of flooring to a suitable place
*Previous carpet fitting experience
*Good communication skills both verbal and written
*Able to work independently or as part of a team
*Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Software
*High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
The successful applicant will need a driving licence, their own van and tools. You will be required to undertake a DBS check before employment starts.
In return, you will benefit from 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days with service, pension and life insurance.
Hours: Mon-Fri 40 hours per week 8.30am-5pm
Salary: £21,000-£23,000 plus £4,000 vehicle allowance
Interested in this permanent role, covering the Cardiff area. Please email or contact me on 07483 340870.