An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation! Our client, a blue chip FMCG company with brands such as Walls, Persil, Magnum and Knorr, are currently seeking an Artwork Production Specialist based in Blackfriars, London. This is a full-time temporary role to start ASAP, lasting until the end of June 2021, working 36.25 hours, Monday-Friday. This role is paying between £36,000 to £39,500 per annum pro rata, depending on experience.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the creation and approval of packaging artwork from design lock, through to commercially reproducible mechanical artwork and separations which are handed over to the printer in a timely manner. This person will be responsible for initiating and managing projects using the artwork management system, and also working within a multifunctional and sometimes multinational project team to deliver projects on time, in full.
The position must interface with internal teams (Artwork Excellence team, R&D, Supply Chain, Quality, e-Commerce) who provide master design files and pack content, and also external partners (print management agencies, design agencies, printers, etc) who deliver the work in the form of mechanical artwork, pack image albums and printed packaging.
As technical experts, they will provide expertise and input into the design, artwork and print phases of the project to ensure that the right levels of approval integrity, brand quality and consistency are maintained throughout the artwork process and supplier printing process. There is also a responsibility to manage the creation of digital pack images and hero images for various channels and touchpoints internally and externally in an ever more digital and connected world.
- Understand the artwork process, roles and responsibilities and how to fit this into the innovation project management process to deliver projects on time and in full.
- Understand the Category and Brands you are working on, Brand DNA & guidelines and plans, priorities and volume per year.
- Ensure that master design files are created according to prescribed toolbox specifications and handed over to the print management agencies correctly, and that the printed artwork matches the design requirements,
- Work with marketing to ensure visibility on artwork cost and spend, and that the printed packaging is optimized for cost e.g. print process, number of colours etc
- Take accountability for delivery of mechanical artwork and separation files to printers, proactively manage issues if/as they arise.
- Create and manage projects in the internal artwork management system adhering to defined artwork process Manage the delivery of digital pack images following Artwork Excellence process, to the right quality and on time.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder expectations for your tasks relating to status, timings and technical expertise.
- Approve colour reliable proofs on behalf of marketing to ensure that the proof meets marketing expectations (if required)
Skills & Competencies Required:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build collaborative relationships
- Good organizational awareness
- Strong at influencing
- Negotiating skills
- Business Partner mindset (not Customer Service)
Key Professional Skills:
- Experience in artwork management or a similar role.
- Project Management
- Highly computer-literate
- Intercultural Awareness