Our Client, the UK's largest gas network are seeking an experienced Data Capture Technician to support their Nottingham team. The role is paying between £23,453 - £25,000 per annum, working Monday to Friday 37 hours per week. The role is for 12 months.
Ensure visual surveys are carried out on existing and new gas mains being replaced by the operational teams throughout project areas and, working closely with Operational Staff, DR23 Standard Aslaid/Decom Drawings. Responsible for ensuring records for completed projects are accurately completed to the required standard and returned to the Data Capture team within appropriate prescribed timescale.
** Must be able to drive, car/van and fuel card provided.**
ResponsibilitiesEnsure all information within project packs for each work order is complete and accurateUndertake regular site visits to ensure project packs are a true reflection of the actual site worksOn completion of the work by the operational teams, produce a survey drawing outlining work completed and send the following documentation to the Data Capture team:
Ensure all project packs have all of the required documentation (as above) and are accurate and correct to the related project street before submitting to the Data Capture team
- Create Project Construction Drawings and supporting documents (AsLaid/Abandon Drawings/Spans) for the mains/assets laid and mains/assets abandoned and ensure they are correct.
- When required obtain a copy of the Records of Asset Errors (DR4/RbP and supporting information), valve cards and/or governor cards and ensure they are included in the project pack
- Ensure compliance with DR23.
- Completion Pack Checklist must be completed and signatures obtained from Supervisors to approve handover of the project pack
- Ensure Mains Test Certificates are included in the project pack
- Ensure Routine Operations (RO's) / Non-Routine Operation (NRO's) are included in the project pack for all mains laid and mains abandoned
Complete Project Packs shall be with the Data Team no later than D7 from the Notice Close Date. Rectify and rejections in a timely manner.
Send completed project packs to the Data Capture team on a daily basis (as soon as they are complete)Ensure the abandonment dates for each section of pipe on all project streets are correctly recorded and in accordance to Network Policy/ProceduresIdentify and escalate any discrepancies to the Team Leader and the Data Capture teamAttend weekly teleconferences and regular Team Briefs as required. Where necessary attend internal/external training.Carry out any other duties appropriate for this postComply with all HS&E procedures, use the appropriate work equipment and personal protective equipment and participate proactively in achieving HS&E objectives.
- Gas Industry Experience - Good understanding of Gas Mains Replacement Programme
- Principle understanding of the GDFO business systems.
- Knowledge of working within an integrated team
- Experience of motivating a diverse team, setting clear objectives and providing effective feedback
- Demonstrable experience in leading a technical teams to achieve quality and accuracy to a tight deadline.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Good Standard of Education
- Good communication skills are required and the ability to interface with Operational Teams and fellow colleagues
- Excellent time management in order to meet tight deadline
- Ability to work efficiently alone and as part of a team
- Meticulous approach to ensuring accuracy of data