HGV Vehicle Technician
London Fire Brigade- Ruislip
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit an HGV Vehicle Technician based in our Ruislip workshop.
We are a key partner for the London Fire Brigade This includes the management, maintenance, short-term rental, repair, breakdown & recovery, and protection of their assets and vehicles. We have proven capability in helping assure the safety of specialist equipment and vehicles for our customers during national disasters ranging from floods to terrorist attacks.
As the HGV Technician you will be responsible for the service and repairs for the vehicles, including equipment and body work or electrical elements.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need experience in repairs and servicing of HGV vehicles and knowledge of HGV technical specifications and technical requirements.
We would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
* Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements
* High degree of attention to detail
* An enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
* Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
Lastly, you'll need a Level 3 vehicle qualifications and an Full UK Class 1 Licence is desirable.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.