Our Client, the UK's largest gas network are seeking an experienced Control Tower Analyst to support their Stockport team. The role is paying £10.40 per hour, working 40 hours per week, and is a temporary ongoing position.
To provide transport scheduling and inventory services by planning and implementing agreed strategies and procedures related to the control tower to ensure improvement in scheduled service and performance whilst managing control tower costs and providing excellent customer service across operation. The role holder will be accountable for ensuring adherence to standards and regulatory controls. Knowledge of Transport planning and software application i.e. Microlise, Microsoft Office required.
The control Tower Analyst is accountable for the following activities:
- Actively demonstrate and promote the Cadent values and positively contribute to a customer-oriented approach
- Work within and promote the philosophy of safe team working
- Scheduling of 5 - 10 ERO drivers on a daily and dynamic basis
- Inbound/outbound calling & liaising with drivers and operational field customers
- Planning of accepted work in a completely dynamic environment
- Ensuring resolution of queries/complaints
- Ensuring adherence to process
- Production of reports
- Liaise with various stakeholders
- Completion of scheduled work
- Relationship Management
- Actively contribute towards continuous improvements
- Prepares statistical and management information to assist in the delivery of Customer Performance objectives
- Deliver Quality work, concentrating on data accuracy and completion within a timely manner.
- Contribute to the team delivery of excellent customer service, aim to understand the customers' needs and the team impact to customer satisfaction scores in line with RIIO objectives.
- Apply customer excellence techniques to handle all customer calls and provide a first call resolution.
- Work with others co-operatively and flexibly within a team to achieve the collective goal. Maintain excellent working relationships with the business, and immediate colleagues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all process streams within control tower and aim to be cross-flexed in all.
- Participation in shared team learning reviews and other continuous improvement forums to ensure that we are constantly improving the level of service we provide.
- Ownership of their own technical and behavioural development plan.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of Transport planning and software application i.e. Microlise, Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Understand how the scheduling and inventory processing's impact on the wider department
- Able to plan their own workload and balance conflicting priorities with minimal real time supervision
- A strong team player who is capable of building and maintaining working relationships inside and outside their team
- Effective communication techniques, either over the phone or email
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service and can demonstrate a strong customer focus and can actively listen to customers
- Has the confidence and capability to deal with many and varied sets of customer circumstances and advise the operation on a range of options that apply to their situation
- Able to use appropriate questioning to identify exact operational needs and explain what is involved in the process and or their chosen option
- Business software experience - - SAP SD, SAP CRM, web and telephony IT systems and Microsoft applications
- Scheduling and Dispatch teams
- Gas Distribution Networks
- Cadent business partners
- Operations Teams
- Gas Safe Engineers
- Emergency Services
- Highway Authorities
- Local Authorities
- Local political leadership
- Public relations