We are recruiting a Health and Safety Manager to work for our client. This is a fantastic opportunity.
As the Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for the management and provision of a comprehensive, high quality health and safety and manual handling service.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To work as part of the team to promote the identification and recording of all risks, with particular emphasis on compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
- Attending and chairing Health and Safety various meetings, contributing to the agenda, addressing concerns raised and provide advice and guidance as appropriate. Producing reports as required and answering questions raised during the meetings
- Reviewing and analysing complex health and safety related incident reports concerning staff, service users, members of the public, maintaining confidentiality as necessary and providing appropriate post incident support and advise. Conducting serious incident investigations with all parties involved requiring tact and empathy to obtain a true and factual statement of events from witnesses. Production of incident and accident investigation reports, including sensitive personal details relating to staff, service users, visitors, contractors, general public. In situations giving rise to claims, you may also be required to attend court to present evidence from your investigation. This may include communicating with people with strong opposing views where the information needs to be understood and accepted.
- To provide specialist advice to managers and staff on a wide range health and safety matters, as required. This may be in response to requests for assistance or following audits/ inspections/ incident investigations that highlight problems requiring improvement. This requires the post holder to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance, and to continuously develop his or her own professional knowledge and competence.
- Work in partnership with the Training and Development team, advising on the development on staff competency, regarding statutory and mandatory health and safety and manual handling training.
- To lead and plan any independent health and safety audits/inspections (such as HSE). Produce timetable for the audit and liaise with the auditors throughout the inspection.
- To develop training material for a range of H&S and risk management training interventions. Maintain an up to date library of training material. Production of accurate written materials such as investigation reports, Safety Alerts, presentations, policies and procedures and high levels of e-mail correspondence throughout.
- Lead the formulation of new policies, procedures and develop new ways of working in relation to managing non-clinical risk and health and safety.
- Produce a wide range of Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, ensuring that they are focused on both staff/service user; regularly reviewed and amended in light of legislation and regulatory requirements. Interpreting health and safety law and how it impacts upon the organisation.
- Undertake Health and Safety Inspections and Audits producing formal written reports, monitoring implementation of recommendations and compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Advising and supporting directorate managers on departmental health & safety risk assessments, DSE risk assessments, COSHH and other risk assessments.
- To act as Trust lead for the Manual Handling training passport scheme
- To take the decision to remove contractors from site if unsafe working practices are identified and not adequately controlled following challenge.
- To provide advice and guidance to the Trust Safety and Risk Adviser who has a responsibility for delivering health and safety related training across the Trust. Develop the knowledge of the Safety and Risk Adviser to ensure their competence to deliver the range of training required
- To Contribute to procuring of IOSH and First Aid Courses.
- Master's degree in Health & Safety or equivalent level of experience
- Extensive experience as a health and safety professional and/or equivalent experience in a similar risk role
- Ability to deliver health and safety training programmes across the organisation
- Experience of delivering projects
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 6 in Occupational Safety and Health Practice
- In depth operational knowledge of health and safety legislation sufficient to advise on all aspects of health and safety management to staff
- Knowledge of Manual Handling passport scheme
This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week. The role is temporary for a period of 3 months offering an hourly rate of £16.97.
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? If the answer is yes, then please don't hesitate to apply today!