Fleswick Court, Cumbria
About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer based at our site in Fleswick Court, Cumbria. You will join a team that has vast experience in Mechanical Engineering and provide professionally competent specialist services to the Sellafield Site.
Within this role you will be working on exciting remediation project across the Sellafield site which range in complexity from small renewal projects to large scale installations. Cavendish Nuclear are a key support partner to the site and this opportunity will provide you the opportunity to progress in your career.
Tasks include providing in depth, expert design services including design schemes, cost/time scale estimates and detailed drawings. You will work closely with the senior engineers to ensure that accurate design solutions are provided to the projects in line with budget and required quality requirements.
This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading nuclear engineering organisation that will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience across a variety of nuclear projects. We support UK and international nuclear power stations with a range of services and strive to be best in class across our various contracts.
What do I need to do the role?
You will need to have experience in a mechanical design role and have the gravitas to take lead on complex work packages.
We would also like you to have experience with the below:
* Providing cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
* Providing design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
* Design Schemes
* Design Proposal Drawings
* Detail Drawings
* General Assemblies
* Able to manage a small team of Designers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
* Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
* Has taken part in Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally in HAZOP studies.
* Understands the requirements of CE marking.
* Preferably, AutoCAD proficient in both Model Space and Paper Space and ideally; will have Inventor experience.
What else do I need to know?
* The role is based at our site in Fleswick Court, Cumbria.
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.