An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client, the UK's largest gas network who are seeking an experienced Transport Administrator. Working in the network transport and logistics business area in Birmingham. This is a temporary role to start immediately working Monday to Friday, 06:00am - 14:00pm, paying £10.40 per hour.
You will be required to coordinate and provide support and information in the running of safe and efficient operations, working within clear guidelines to help achieve the operational standards and defined outcomes for your area of responsibility during shift.
Main responsibilities include:
- Being the point of contact for drivers during duration of your shift
- Supporting with all administration duties relating to the coordination and scheduling of drivers
- Supporting with all tasks related to the execution of transport operations [including licence checks, taco infringements, driver card downloads]
- Updating databases and report on a daily basis
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience within transport industry essential
- Logistics industry experience and / or transport office experience is essential for this role. Being able to work well under pressure and communicate well with others is also essential.
- Good commercial awareness [achieving KPI's]
- Good numerical skills
- Good IT literacy
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications