As a Funeral Service Arranger, your role is predominantly client facing, providing the first point of contact for bereaved family and friends. You will work as part of a team in a busy office, holding excellent customer service skills as you support with the arranging of a funeral, acting with empathy and passion at all times.
What you’ll need to do:
- Taking initial enquires from clients, taking a full brief and establishing rapport
- Organise funeral with everything down to ordering flowers, booking service sheets and arranging ministers
- Escort families to the chapel of rest and present at the viewing
- Remain the point of contact with families until they hand over to the directors on the day of funerals
- Travel between sites to support as and where required, driving licence is essential
What we’ll need from you:
- Proactive approach and ability to communicate effectively with a range of people, both in person and remotely
- Comfortable coming into contact with the deceased through the Chapel of Rest
- Presentable at all times, acting with professional conduct and showing empathy
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- Experience using Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Supply the necessary documentation for a full DBS check
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday.
- Full training is provided
- Prospect of growth and career development
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government.
Dignity Funerals are one of the leading funeral providers within the UK and are currently listed on the London stock exchange, with a history dating back to 1812 we employ over 4,400 staff across our 826 funeral locations and 45 crematoria sites.
We are trusted by our customers to provide the most professional, empathic support at times of difficulty.
We continue to operate to the highest possible standards across our network whether it be in our operational roles based at our local funeral providers/crematoria, our award winning 24-hour Client Service Centre or our supporting functions within our Head Office in the heart of Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham).
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do, if you wish to be part of a successful business with a strong moral compass.