Make a real impact, immediately
We're looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to make an impact to become our next Senior Buyer
The difference our new Senior Buyer will make
Defence Systems Technology (DST) is transforming and we need you to support our key leaders in forging new paths, and leading their teams through exciting, but sometimes challenging change. You'll be key in helping implement our ambitious people agenda throughout DST, part of the Marine Sector of Babcock International.
We are looking for talented people with an interest in procurement and supply chain who will help generate significant value for the business by reducing the total cost of bought in goods and services and manage supplier relationships to increase the overall value derived from the supply chain. As the link between our suppliers and the wider business, your duties will include:
* Managing and mentoring a team of Buyers encouraging lean thinking and a continuous improvement culture. The delivery of key category strategies.
* Supply Chain representative for Production, Quality and Projects. Preparing, issuing and reviewing supplier RFQs, recommending preferred options to the relevant stakeholders.
* Converting purchase requisitions to purchase orders and issuing to suppliers, negotiating appropriate T&Cs for the protection of the organisation.
* Understanding and implementing contract requirements and relevant special conditions. Managing and Developing supplier relationships.
* Pro-active supplier order book management activities.
Who we're looking for
You will be someone who brings big ideas and solves complex problems with simple and elegant solutions. You will continuously champion high performance and collaboration, challenge the status-quo and actively proposes new ideas on how we can make things better, and always puts the customer first.
* A recognised degree level qualification and/or relevant engineering/supply chain/lean culture experience,
* Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. CIPS at level 4 or above,
* Proven procurement experience, ideally in an operational procurement environment,
* Experience in sourcing new materials and services.
Skills and attributes
* Proven experience leading within a project procurement environment is essential.
* Must have a flexible approach to workload and ability to communicate complex requirements to/from supply chain.
* Ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
* Must have a good understanding of complex manufacturing processes and principles.
* Must be self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload.
* Ability to lead and motivate a team.
* Hands on experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point and IFS.
* Working knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point and IFS (desirable)
Education and qualifications
* A recognised degree level qualification and / or relevant engineering / supply chain / lean culture experience.
* MCIPS qualified, or studying towards.
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Flexible working
* Autonomy to perform the role.
* The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Babcock's' fastest growing business unit.
As well as:
* Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays;
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance;
* Our Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
* Employee Share Plan;
* Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year;
* Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities;
* If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
Where it all fits in:
Defence Systems Technology (DST) forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Our dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help DST to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customers' mission. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, DST employs approximately 1,500 people across the UK.
Other need to knows:
* Location: Flexible - anticipated to be Ashton, Bristol. However, we also have sites in Filton (North Bristol) and Ashchurch (Tewkesbury) where you can work from.
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom.
Closing date: 30.11.20