An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client Unilever, the powerhouse behind Home and Personal care brands, are currently seeking a Business Development Manager (National Account, Cleaning Product) to be based from Home. This is a full-time temporary role for 12 months, with the potential to be longer for the right candidate paying up to £53-57K per annum, pro rata.
- Are you passionate about winning new business?
- Do you want to work with iconic brands?
- Are you ambitious and willing to learn?
- Do you want to be part of a successful team?
- Do you have proven success in a sales role?
If the answer to all those questions is YES, this role could be a fantastic opportunity for you to take the next step in your career as a Business Development Manager (National Account, Cleaning Product) in Unilever's new Away from Home business.
The purpose of the role will be twofold. Firstly, to scope out the market for Lifebuoy and Unilever's Professional Cleaning range (outside of the Foodservice Market) to identify the size of the prize for the Unilever Away From Home team. Secondly, to start opening, managing and winning with these new accounts.
The expectation is to develop robust contact matrices and then leverage the understanding from these contacts to unlock mutual growth.
Great communication and influencing skills are essential within this role which has the scope to allow you to make a big impact within the newly formed Away from Home team.
- Strategy Development - develop a plan to win share in the market for cleaning and hygiene products away from the foodservice brands and contract caterers
- Customer Networking - responsible for an effective, detailed customer contact matrix
- Negotiation - responsible for the delivery of new customer agreements
Key Skills & Competencies
- Experience of developing new business in large cleaning chains
- Excellent questioning and listening skills
- Demonstrable customer focused attitude, able to build broad relationships
- Resilience and tenacity - both externally and internally
- Able to work independently and be a self-starter
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to lead multiple projects at the same time
- Good commercial awareness: P&L understanding to develop competitive, sustainable and profitable new business with customers
- Great communication: written, verbal and presentational