Manpower are delighted to be working in partnership with a dynamic Project and Cost Management Consultancy firm based in the heart of Newcastle upon Tyne.
As our clients Senior Cost/Project Manager you will play a crucial part in supporting the growth, profitability and sustainability of the business through
- Client Management
- Service Delivery.
In this role you will be working on projects that cover most sectors with current projects ranging in value from £100k to £50m.
Your day to day role will involve
- Preparing tender and contract documents, Bills of Quantities and Employer's Requirements,
- You will be undertaking feasibility studies,
- You will be creating estimates and cost plans,
- Implementing cost control procedures,
- Preparing and analysing tenders,
- Chairing and managing meetings
- Generally managing a construction project throughout its lifecycle.
What do I need to succeed?
- A Recognised University Degree or equivalent
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation is preferable but not essential
- A proven track record of both pre and post contract Cost Manager/Project Manager responsibilities and the ability to deliver this service effectively to clients.
- Experience of both public and private sector clients.
- The ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle.
- Experience of all forms of construction procurement, including traditional and design and build
- Experience of building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships
- Exceptional track record of dealing with a broad spectrum of clients
- Experience of managing critical projects to time and budget whilst ensuring value for money
- A strong customer-focus with experience of developing and delivering services that meet or exceed the expectations of customers
- Experience of working to strict, demanding deadlines in a pressurised environment
- A pro-active approach, considerable effort and flexible work ethic as you will be working for the benefit of the whole team, as well as focusing on individual goals.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for strong career progression and the opportunity to grow within a business that is continuing to expand.
To take the first step in securing this exciting position apply today ....