My client based in the heart of the beautiful Lake District has been designing and manufacturing innovative high quality shower products for almost 20 years.
we are recruiting on their behalf a hardworking and reliable Team Leader who will be able to work alone or as part of a team. The environment is physically demanding and fast paced; you will need to be able to manage a busy production lines for a full shift.
The factory has various teams which assemble and manufacture various shower products including trays and shower enclosures. You would be trained internally in shower tray manufacture and potentially then across the factory, in order that you become multi-skilled.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Directing Team Members on the production line manufacturing shower trays
- Packing and labelling of goods for dispatch
- Adhering to health and safety policies
- Cleaning components
- Quality Control
- Attend Health and Safety Meetings
The ideal candidate will be used to working within a fast-paced role within in manufacturing department with a keen attention to deal and ability to thrive under pressure.
Further attributes include: -
- Good working knowledge of Production Machinery
- Basic Knowledge of KPI'S, OEE and have the ability to present these figures to senior managers.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word is an advantage.
- Experience of using chemicals in a manufacturing environment such as resins, peroxides and acetone.
- Understanding of COSHH and basic health and safety in the workplace.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proven track record of training staff in a manufacturing environment.
- Shower tray manufacturing and understanding of the process desirable but not essential
- Experience of using fibreglass/laminating is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of hand/power tools essential.
- Proven team leader experience in a manufacturing role minimum 2 years.
- Good knowledge of using production sheets to drive staff performance.
- Calm manner and can talk to people at all levels of the business.
- Make sure all machine check lists are filled in correctly each day, including machine stops and forklift truck checks.
- Good understanding of SSOW and why these are relevant in the workplace.
- Perform weekly stock checks on all raw materials and monitor scrap rates/material wastage.
- Basic knowledge of RCCM desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate needs to be physically fit and self-motivated with a can-do attitude, and a keen attention to detail. You must be able to work as part of a team to meet tight deadlines.
Experience of working in a factory environment and manual assembly is desirable.
Due to the rural location of the business, must have own transport.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm and Friday 8am to 1.30pm.
37 hours paid a week
Temp to Perm basis
Free on site parking
Pay rate dependant on experience
If you are interested in this role please apply with your CV attached