An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer x2 to join our client's site in Yeovil (ITAR site). This role is full time temporary until May 2021. The rate of pay is £18.19 per hour, working Monday to Friday 7.00am - 4.00pm.
**All successful candidates will be subject to a drug test and security screening process prior to starting on site**
This is a hands-on role where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape and change manufacturing and quality processes. Reporting to the HAY Quality Leader and In-Service Resolution Board (IRB) Panel, the Quality Engineer will work on resolving complex manufacturing issues. (The IRB is a gated process used to resolve in-service product issues affecting the customer. The Quality Engineer is to determine route cause and corrective actions and co-ordinate findings with the Chief Engineer).
- Providing Quality Engineering support for all Value Streams and selected suppliers -
supporting activities throughout the supply chain, understanding & developing processes
used for manufacture of complex components
- Champion Problem Solving activities within the Value stream ensuring robust
- Support the development and maintenance of technical documentation associated with
manufacture and control of products and processes
- Support and provide Quality expertise and direction within the Value Stream in
association with Continuous Improvement activities
- Management of Supplier caused issues - liaison with Supplier Quality Team and
management of the product / components within the manufacturing area
- SAP actions associated with QN's / RTV / PRB activities
- By use of Core Quality Tools & Techniques, drive corrective actions through to solve root
cause issues with the product, putting controls in place to maintain improvements, &
support the creation of fault diagnostics to ensure ease of traceability to root cause
- Work within the supply chain (Internal & External) to support the product range ensuring
Key requirements are identified; key processes are documented & controlled driven
through APQP / PPAP process, assist sourcing on supplier selection, transition with
technical documentation & assessment.
- Liaise with Customer on process & quality issues to align process with customer
requirements & ensure any escapes have RCCA in place & implement to stop any re-occurrence.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven problem solver and understanding of complex problem resolution and have
experience of tools used.
- Knowledge and experience of Core Quality Tools such as: Process Flow Charts, PFMEA,
Control Plans, SPC and MSA would be an advantage.
- Presentation skills.
- Experience in varied Assembly, Machining & component process, preferably in
Aerospace production environment or similar product.
- Knowledge of SAP systems would be a distinct advantage but training in this aspect will
- Good knowledge and experience of reading and understanding complex engineering
- High level of communication and team-work skills.
- Ability to rapidly & effectively contain and resolve Quality / Manufacturing issues.
- Basic understanding of Design Engineering requirements.