An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer III based on their customer site in Penzance. This is a Full-time, permanent role, to start ASAP. The role is paying up to £27,600 per annum depending on experience.
In this role you will be based at the client's office in Penzance responsible for providing on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks and peripherals using available technology.
You will be expected to develop a thorough understanding of the client's business and build excellent relationships with business leads and end users, which may include VIPs and executives.
This role requires you to manage your own overall activities therefore you will need to be able to work under your own initiative, be flexible and be able to work under pressure to meet SLA's and remain calm in stressful situations.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Case management of Incidents and IMAC's in line with SLA's
- Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix.
- Manage / Provide support and technical expertise to projects as directed.
- Laptop / desktop Build & Deployment
- Manage Active Directory
- Administering Windows Share\File permissions.
- Patching network ports between comms room and floor ports
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A broad technical knowledge of IT, PC's/peripherals and their architecture
- Proven software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of standard SW issues including Windows OS, Office Suites and core application suites
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
- Ability to work under pressure to meet SLA's and remain calm in stressful situations