An amazing opportunity has arisen for an Manufacturing Engineer to join our client's site in Poole. This role is full time temporary until end of May 2021. The rate of pay is £15 per hour, working Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm.
**All successful candidates will be subject to a drug test **
Purpose of the Job
Design, development and verification of manufacturing equipment and processes for optical gas detection products; including Automated Optical Alignment & Optical Product Test Systems, Optical Assembly, Process data acquisition & capability analysis, and yield improvements. Projects to include introduction of new processes / systems into production, and enhancement / development of existing systems.
- System specification and requirement capture
- Design/ Redesign/ replacement of jigs, fixture & test equipment
- Process design and optimisation
- System testing, refinement and verification
- Yield analysis and corrective action identification and execution
- Project Management
- Creation and maintenance of PFMEA
- Supplier management
- System and process documentation
- Support to resolve production issues
- Managing priorities
- Based in Poole, with occasional trips to suppliers and other sites
Key Performance Measures
- Delivery of projects within agreed timescales and budget
- Delivery of high-quality production processes that meet application requirements, and is well structured and documented to allow future development and debug.
- Delivery of highly capability test systems (RTY ? 95%?, or better)
- Health Safety an Environmental observation (1 or more per week)
- Kaizen continuous improvements (2 or more implemented per month)
- Support of business unit objectives (OTTR, etc)