Management Skills Development Partner
Business Unit - Energy & Marine
Fixed Term Contract - 2 years
About the Role:
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth, we are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Training professional to join us as our Management Skills Development Partner to join us on an initial fixed term contract for two years. We aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams.
A key role where we are looking for an engaging Training champion to work with our front line management up to senior management to drive forward engagement in our Management Development programme and associated Learning and Training resources. You will be responsible for the development of our Being a Babcock People Manager programme rollout and evaluation across our Marine & Technology business.
Working as part of team, your role will include:
- Creating and executing learning strategies, plans and solutions in management and leadership development
- Evaluating individual and organisational development needs
- Implementing various learning methods using the 70-20-10 model
- Designing and delivering e-learning courses, workshops and other interventions, including virtual sessions.
What do I need to do the role?
* You will need proven experience as an L&D Business Partner, Manager or Training Manager or similar and must be a self-starter and motivator
* Experience of developing and executing management development programmes in line with business and accreditation standards
* Tenacious and able to positively challenge legacy approach and stimulate change through stakeholder engagement
* Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods and technologies
* Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
What else do I need to know?
You should hold or have the ability to obtain full SC clearance.
You will be based at our Rosyth site, but can work at home when appropriate.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme.
You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more visit our website.