An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client - a leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for an IT Software Procurement Manager, to be based either at their prestigious facility in Kingston Upon Thames or in Port Sunlight (initially to commence working from home until Covid-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 8 months, working 36.25 hours per week, paying up to £57,000 pro rata, per annum, depending on experience.
This role involves strong knowledge in a scope with high profile interfaces and the ability to network and operate in a high-level internal and external environment.
The candidate will be responsible to lead regional and global strategic sourcing activities within area of spend responsibility, including definition of internal customer needs, insight of supply markets, developing sourcing strategies, activation of supplier selection and negotiation, facilitating supplier implementation and ongoing strategic supplier relationship management. They will also be responsible for IT relationship between IP and assigned internal stakeholder community. They will be the supply management expert for specified clusters within area of spend responsibility, identifying opportunities and ensuring service delivery to business stakeholders, as well as business stakeholder conformance to IP processes and contracted commitments. Also responsible for the co-ordination of global sourcing projects with the regional IT Supply Management teams - ensuring a seamless service to the stakeholders.
- Develop and align own workplan, objectives, priorities, and processes within the context of the overall IT supply management and stakeholder community priorities and processes.
- Lead global and regional strategic sourcing activities to professionalise the sourcing of materials/clusters of external spend within area of spend responsibility.
- Identify, initiate and sustain direct interactions with appropriate internal stakeholders/ functional/operating teams within the business to drive "buying" behaviour change required to meet business project objectives and facilitate implementation of the approved sourcing strategies.
- Conduct data gathering and analysis of internal needs. Develop and follow supply market knowledge and insight (e.g. suppliers, price trends, cost drivers, acquisitions & disposals etc.).
- Develop appropriate sourcing strategies for cluster of spend within area of responsibility.
- Execute the sourcing strategy, including tendering, analysis, selection of and negotiation with suppliers, including crafting and placing of legal agreements/contracts and confidentiality agreements and ensure that all are conducted in accordance with the company's code of business ethics and corporate social responsibility requirements.
- Ensure that supply agreements, commercial terms & conditions, specification information and pricing information including changes is communicated accurately and in a timely fashion to appropriate operational teams/individuals.
- Enable and facilitate the implementation of the approved sourcing strategies with appropriate functional and operational teams within the business.
- Responsible for ongoing supplier relationship management, monitoring, review and continuous improvement as well as leading supplier side of innovation/sustainability/cost savings projects.
- Identify need for and support design of business processes to facilitate use of appropriate "buying channel" within the stakeholder community.
- Develop a deep understanding of and rigorously apply the company strategic sourcing process and tools, including being fully operational and actively use e-Sourcing tools
- Respond proactively to information demands and questions from supply management operational teams and other internal parties as needed.
- Provide input, influence and linkage to business transaction tools (as appropriate).
- Have input to the development of a Supply Management Team workplan for area of responsibility, to deliver the required objectives and within this context develop own strategic sourcing team priorities.
- Participate in or lead Regional/Global Teams (as appropriate) for area of responsibility.
- Providing business partner services and demonstrating value of professional supply management approach areas of business that have traditionally "gone it alone".
- Working across multiple business operating units, each with a different culture, processes and demands.
Key Skills Required
- At least 5 years general business experience in any function at appropriate work level.
- Software and IT services procurement knowledge and experience essential
- Appropriate functional business experience in supply management, finance or functional area of assigned stakeholder community with a proven track record of strategic analysis, negotiation, team leadership.
- Must be able to find new ways of tackling supply management and change the current "buying" paradigm.
- Must "sell' need for behaviour change to sceptical and resistant internal stakeholders expectations.
- Needs to show a high degree of team commitment, working co-operatively with others across the organization to achieve shared goals, required to work with internal business teams.