Skilled Trades Person - Gun Fitter/Armourer
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Skilled Trades Person - Gun Fitter/Armourer.
Your role will include Inspection, servicing, repair, overhaul and conditioning of Armament, Ordnance and Weapon mountings, sight systems and general equipment including diagnostic inspection and examination duties. Manufacture of miscellaneous items as per AESP. Carry out equipment examination and processing all documentation required.
Your main tasks will include Service, repair, diagnose, inspect and refurbishment of tracked and wheeled military vehicles and mechanical equipment associated with military use.
You will also
- Maintain service and repair up to level 4 overhaul of 105mm Light Gun.
- Maintain weapon hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
- Maintain miscellaneous instrumentation.
- Carry out maintenance inspections on armament equipment.
- Carry out Examination of Ordnance.
- Perform Basic engineering skills including fabrication and repair of weapon components, carry out general manufacture and repair tasks.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need Class 1 or Class 2 Armourer
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
- Comfortable working at heights and manual handling
- Good hand tooling skills (fitting, including filing, sawing, chiselling, screw-and-nut threading, drilling and turning.)
- Experience of 120mm desirable
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 4th December 2020