An amazing opportunity has arisen for a CAD Technician to join our client's site in Poole. This role is full time temporary until June 2021. The rate of pay is £13.00-£15.59 per hour PAYE, depending on experience. You will work Monday to Thursday 8.30am -5.00pm and Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm, 37.5 hours a week.
You will be joining our clients Project Engineering team, focusing on Electrical and Mechanical design and specification works. As a key member of the Project Engineering team, the primary focus of the role is to prepare engineering drawings for manufacturing and documentation to the customer that will support our client in their commitment to delivering projects to a world class standard.
- All employees have a responsibility to comply with their Operating System and Health & Safety Site Directives and Code of Conduct
- Ensure all relevant technical standards and specifications are adhered to for full technical compliance without supervision outside of departmental guidelines.
- Collaborate with the Project Engineer on system design and create mechanical fabrication, mechanical assembly/outline and electrical engineering drawings using AutoCAD (Mechanical and Electrical versions).
- Demonstrate technical ability and expertise for any associated 3rd party equipment working as well as being familiar with control systems and sampling systems.
- To liaise with engineering and production to ensure suitable drawings are supplied and any changes discussed and recorded.
- Attend internal meetings as required and support manufacturing teams to ensure system manufacturing is successful
- To supply final drawings and technical documentation to client and service / commissioning engineers.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a recognised engineering modern apprenticeship Advantageous
- IT knowledge, competent with AutoCAD Mechanical and Electrical packages. On job training, can be provided if a willing to learn attitude is applied.
- Customer focused
- Ability to be a team player and have a flexible approach to prioritising workload.
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering knowledge, particularly Oil & Gas Industry.
- Mechanical fabrication