Job Title: Senior Developer
Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Business Unit: Central Services
Salary: £36,525 - £45,045
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Senior Developer.
You'll be part of the Reporting Services Team within Business Solutions, Marine and Technology (M&T) division and report directly to the Reporting Services Team Leader.
You will work with a team of BI Developers, Testers, Analysts, Project Managers and Solution Managers throughout the software development life cycle, following Agile principles.
Your main purpose will be to develop reporting solutions to support business processes within the organisation and to support updates to existing BI solutions.
This role will take responsibility for developing reports/dashboards against business requirements, both functional and non-functional. You will also provide guidance to other team members and participate in continuous improvement for the development process.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing BI solutions, including reports, dashboards and DataMart's.
- Supporting and consulting the business on all BI related topics including tools and technologies for Self Service BI. You should be confident at highlighting issues, providing estimates and delivering progress reports to project managers and your team leader.
- Work with the team and follow the established quality process and coding standards.
- Responsible for providing technical help and product knowledge where needed.
You will be joining an established team responsible for delivering Reporting services to meet customer requirements and departmental standards.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have an analytical mind, natural fault finding ability, pay close attention to detail, with deep experience in BI development.
You should be comfortable working with a range of people from the business including solutions analysts, developers, testers, project managers and product owners.
We would also like you to have experience in all or some of the following:
- Strong experience of Crystal Reports Development.
- Strong experience of Power BI Development or QlikView Development.
- Strong experience in SQL Queries and Stored Procedures.
- Good knowledge and experience of Data warehousing and the Kimball Dimensional Modelling methodology.
- Good knowledge and experience of the ETL process and Microsoft SSIS
Lastly you'll need good knowledge and experience of software development life cycle and approaches and good knowledge and experience of Agile (scrum/Kanban) methodologies and practices.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 07/12/2020