An excellent opportunity has become available for a HGV Mechanic to join one of the UK's leading logistics companies. Working closely with the Logistics Manager and within a small, friendly team, the right person will become a key member of the logistics department and ensure the roadworthiness of the company's large fleet of vehicles.
Based in the West Midlands and with multiple sites in Europe, my client's success continues to go from strength to strength, as they continue to meet growing demand, further develop their services and continue to invest in the training and development of their talented workforce. They are secure, have the capabilities to transport by land, sea and air and are in a solid position; moving forwards.
Essentially, my client is looking for a capable HGV Mechanic with at least three years' maintenance experience. An NVQ Level 1-3 is also desirable, but not essential. Some of the day-to-day duties for this role will include:
- Complete necessary repairs to vehicles.
- Periodic inspection on HGV vehicles and trailers.
- Help decide on the roadworthiness of a vehicle.
- Prepare vehicles for MOT.
- Complete oil and filter changes.
- Liaise with suppliers, for example, tyre services.
- Supply and complete paperwork, inspection sheets and job cards.
- Report any issues to the Logistics Manager.
In return, my client is offering an excellent salary of £35,000 - £38,000, plus full remuneration package. They are easily accessible from Coventry, Birmingham, Nuneaton, Rugby, Tamworth and the surrounding areas.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply online.