Mobile Vehicle Technician
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Mobile Technician.
You will service and repair motor vehicles, either at vehicle workshops or at Police Stations throughout London for our customer; the Metropolitan Police Service.
- Service, maintain and repair vehicles components and accessories, in line with company and/or manufacturer's instructions, including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided
- Diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. Including road testing where deemed necessary
- To observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure. Identification of recharge costs advising the MMU Controller and correct completion of paperwork
- To order parts necessary, ensuring that no parts are fitted to vehicles other than those required to complete the work
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to be qualified as a Motor Vehicle Technician, City & Guilds 1 & 2 in Motor Vehicle Studies or equivalent NVQ Levels 2 & 3 and hold a Full UK Driving Licence with no previous disqualifications from driving (DR, CD, DD, IN OR TT99 endorsements will not be accepted).
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.