We currently wish to recruit a Media Sales Manager for a new launch magazine in Spring 2021
The Magazine will have several exciting new platforms - Digital, Print, Social Media and Events
This is a major new media launch and the successful candidate will be an integral part of the brand launch
The position is a 'hands on' sales job in addition to overseeing the sales team
An excellent opportunity to work on a fabulous new concept within the tourism, leisure and hospitality sectors
The company has invested heavily in the last 6 months and pivoted successfully to a digital first business strategy.
Purpose of job:
- To be responsible for the annual sales budget
- Generating digital, print and sponsorship revenues for new and existing brands.
- To achieve agreed sales targets
- To identify and develop new business from the core target market as well as new business sectors
- To build relationships and develop existing client base
- To prepare high quality proposals and client correspondence
- Be a create thinker and be able to generate new business ideas
- To develop and deliver quality presentations to clients
- To contribute to the strategic development of the Penton Media Group business
- To have a finger on the pulse of developments in media and commercial advertising sectors plus the wider business marketplace.
- To coach, train, encourage and motivate other members of the sales team
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in media sales or a similar environment
- Proven track record of success in a competitive sales environment
- Proven experience of prospecting and delivering new business
- Good reporting and presentation skills
- A target driven, self starter, proactive, creative, good at building relationships and passionate about selling media
Development and progression within the company is a realistic goal within a short period of time for the successful candidate.
The company is committed to staff development and there is ongoing training and development programme in place.
Excellent package £35k OTE, + benefits