Resourcing Specialist - 6 month FTC
Make a real impact, immediately
We're looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to make an impact to become our next Resourcing Specialist.
The difference our new Resourcing Specialist will make
Defence Systems Technology (DST) is transforming at pace and our ability to attract and hire the best, most diverse, talent is more important than ever. Working in partnership with our RPO partner and connecting directly with hiring managers, this Resourcing Specialist will:
* Engage with hiring managers pre-brief (possibly pre-approval) to coach, challenge and support, ensuring that all requirements are robust and well defined (and that succession and talent plans have been taken into account).
* Coach hiring managers on what to expect of recruitment process and helping them set themselves up for success (ie plan to invest time at key points, determine selection route, resources required.)
* Influence and support hiring managers to upgrade their assessment and selection activities, considering both the candidate experience and the robustness of selection decisions.
* Act as quality control for advertisements, making sure they are in line with DST ethos and maximise the likelihood of appealing to the right candidate.
* In critical hiring areas, create of a library of standardised JDs, adverts and associated interview/selection packs.
* Be a guardian of the DST candidate experience, reviewing and making suggestions for improvements. Gain buy in for any changes and working with Resourcing Manager and wider People Team to embed them.
* Working with RPO, project managing campaigns internally (subject to (S)WP) eg., Strategic Hires campaign so all stakeholders are engaged and hiring process is slick.
* Provide SME support to planning discussions for bid work/contract wins.
* Manage ad-hoc international recruitment (out of scope of RPO)
* Project support as required (e.g. IR35, SWP translation)
Who we're looking for
You're someone who enjoys interacting with Hiring Managers and supporting them, sometimes out of their comfort zones. You'll bring your experience of the market place, candidate expectations and a robust recruitment toolkit to conversations with hiring managers, to create well defined roles, clear plans and well executed processes.
You will require considerable experience in recruitment, resourcing, talent acquisition, gained in-house, knowledge of effective selection practices, experience of hiring across a number of different functions and disciplines and experience of coaching, supporting and influencing line managers.
Skills and attributes
You should be brave - able to sensitively and professionally handle coaching conversations, adaptable - able to flex approach and style according to need and respectful - role models DST identity and considers employee experience in all interactions
You must be a natural communicator, able to engage and influence at many levels with good attention to detail, committed to improving what we do.
You should also take pride in owning and resolving issues. A considered, pragmatic problem solver.
You will require strong planning and organising skills - able to manage a varied workload and multiple priorities, you should be proactive and able to work collaboratively within the People Team to ensure the delivery of projects.
Finally you should be able to build productive relationships with customer groups.
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Flexible working
* Autonomy to perform the role.
* The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Babcock's' fastest growing business unit.
As well as:
* Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays;
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance;
* Our Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
* Employee Share Plan;
* Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year;
* Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities;
* If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
Where it all fits in:
Defence Systems Technology (DST) forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Our dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help DST to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customers' mission. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, DST employs approximately 1,500 people across the UK and overseas.
Other need to knows:
* Location: Bristol
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
Closing date: 06.01.21