An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip company, responsible for the manufacture of PG Tips, is currently seeking a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, based at Trafford Park, Manchester. This is a full-time, temporary role for a period of 12 months. paying £40941.98 (£34728.98 plus £6213.00) shift allowance)per annum pro rata, this includes shift uplift. The role will work an average 37.7 hour week.
Location: Trafford Park
Working a shift of 3 shift rotating Earlies, Lates and nights.
As a successful Maintenance Engineer you will join us bringing your hands on experience from your previous maintenance and engineering roles, ideally gained in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
What will you be doing on a day to day basis?
- Spotting and finding any faults in the electrical, mechanical and pneumatic machinery and getting to the root cause of a problem quickly
- Assisting in the identification of the critical control points on the machine modules, ensuring that they are able to be inspected according to the correct procedures
- Working on high tolerance machinery, improving the performance of it by developing maintenance tasks
- Communicating with the wider engineering and maintenance team across the factory
- Developing any training and experience you already have in World Class Manufacturing tools and techniques
- Performing risk assessments as appropriate
What experience, skills and background do we ask for?
- You must have served a recognised apprenticeship.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent (such as City & Guilds) in Maintenance and Engineering
- Dual or Multi-Skilled, with a bias in Mechanical skills, preferably gained in a similar FMCG environment (although if this isn't the case, we believe we can support you in making a transition in to this environment)
- Experience of working to a high tolerance on machinery
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the factory team
- Experience in using World Class Manufacturing tools and techniques, such as Kaizen and 5W1H, (although again, if this isn't the case, we can help you develop in this area)
- Computer literate