Warrington or Cumbria
About the Role
Working as part of our Cavendish Nuclear business we're looking for an Engineering Manager to join us. Cavendish Nuclear forms a critical part of the Babcock Group. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, our 8,000 strong team operate from a number of sites across the UK and internationally ensuring our global customer portfolio is always supported.
Cavendish Nuclear is transforming and we need you to support our drive for growth, and to perform a key role supporting and leading our teams through exciting, but sometimes challenging situations. You'll play a key role in ensuring we fully support our Customer in managing the engineering requirements across EPC projects, growing our contracts and building strong customer relationships, implementing our ambitious strategy.
As the Engineering Manager you will lead the planning and management of multi discipline projects involving the management, coordination and integration of multi discipline tasks. The role will be respnsible for driving the engineering team to deliver technical solutions to budget, targets, and estimating the engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC). The management responsibilities include the identification and development of strategic capabilities (people, processes, methods and tools) to meet project and task objectives.
The role is accountable for management, control and delivery of engineering projects. At this level, projects feature the requirement to control and integrate are multi discipline tasks and work packages. The role may be required to be a Technical / Design Authority, providing assurance for a project or range of assets.
Although this role sits within the nuclear industry we welcome applications from all highly regulated industries.
You will need to have experience in engineering management and have the gravitas to lead multi-disciplinary teams across complex projects. We would also like you to have all or some experience with the below duties;
* You must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
* Promoting effective co-operation across Engineering and other functional teams.
* Ensuring effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress.
* Managing resource demands and development of capability skills to match needs of future workload and coach and mentor members of the team.
* Support business development opportunities in raising the Cavendish Nuclear profile via presentations, academic links, conferences & technical papers, and identify opportunities and new work streams.
* Ensuring project and technical audits and review are planned & executed in order to impart learning and experience as appropriate and in line with agreed standards.
What else do I need to know?
* The role can be based at our Warrington or Cumbria locations.
* We welcome discussions around flexible working.
* Full time permanent position.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.