Integrated Logistics Support Manager (ILS)
Bristol, Plymouth or Ashurch
About the Role
Working as part of our Defence Systems Technology (DST) business we're looking for a Systems Engineer to join us. DST forms a critical part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, our 1,500 strong team operate from a number of sites across the UK and internationally ensuring our global customer portfolio is always supported.
Defence Systems and Technology, Mission Systems, Information Systems provides support to the MoD and Partners Across Government (PAG) for various communications, Signals Intelligence (SIGNIT), Situation Awareness (SA) and engineering services projects.
The ILS Manager will be responsible for managing the delivery of ILS tasks and the provision of in-service support activities to designated Mission Systems - Information Systems (MSIS) projects, during the procurement or service delivery phases of the projects' lifecycles, in accordance with requirements described in the project schedule of work and / or statement of requirement.
You will be responsible for developing strategies, plans and project control documents to successfully implement ILS analysis and delivery activities. This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading defence engineering organisation that will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience across a variety of high profile projects.
We would like applicants to have all or some experience with the below tasks;
* Develop and document optimised support solutions capable of sustaining equipment and system operations.
* Manage the direction and conduct of Supportability Engineering activities and the timely delivery of outputs in accordance with defined contract requirements.
* Authorisation of ILS documents and reports produced in support of IS projects and new opportunities.
* Provision of SQEP ILS resource to support all existing projects and new opportunities demands, liaising with project managers to resolve surge and conflicting demands.
* ILS team continuous professional development including training requirements, knowledge and experience progression.
* Strategic development of the capabilities for the ILS team to meet current and future MSIS needs.
* Planning, analysis and production of ILS related project outputs, preferably for military systems
What do I need to do the role?
* Be a thought leader and champion of new ideas.
* Be a good communicator, both written and oral, and able to liaise at all levels with customers/stakeholders;
* Possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to be able to create high performing teams, build individual effectiveness and drive success.
* Possess excellent leadership skills to establish vision, provide direction, and give empowerment and inspiration to the team.
What else do I need to know?
* The role will be based at either our Devonport (Plymouth), Bristol or Ashcurch sites.
* We practice a flexible approach to working which includes the choice to work away from the office or change working hours.
* Full time permanent position.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.