Quality Specialist - Complex Assets
Business Unit - DST
Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth
About the Role
Working as part of our Defence Systems Technology (DST) business we're looking for a Quality Specialist to join us. DST forms a critical part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, our 1,500 strong team operate from a number of sites across the UK and internationally ensuring our global customer portfolio is always supported.
Defence Systems Technology (DST) is transforming and we need you to support our key leaders in forging new paths, leading their teams through exciting, but sometimes challenging change. You'll be a key partner in Complex assets implementing our ambitious growth plans as part of the Quality Assurance team and you will use your proven experience to promote DST in all matters quality including:
* Use of your experience as a quality professional to undertake Quality Assurance activities and ensure promotion of quality engineering principles and techniques within Mission Systems, Defence Systems Technology (DST) Business Unit (BU) Critical Assets Availability Contracts in line with procedure, regulatory requirements and quality management objectives.
* Conduction of Audits, training and investigations at various company and supplier sites in line with internal and external processes, supporting registration bodies and Customer representatives in the execution of their inspections, assessments / audits, to monitor and verify all resultant corrective actions with the managers concerned.
* To conduct the review of contracts, amendments to contract and invitation to tender responses, Statement of Requirements and Subcontractor Quality Plans ensuring compliance to the contract specific requirements and provide guidance in the generation of deliverable data, project plans and associated documentation, e.g. Project Management Plans and Statements of Requirements for the supply chain and project teams.
* Assist in process investigations and issues arising, ensuring a conclusion that results in appropriate corrective and preventative action. This activity will include the use of standard quality tools, plus others as appropriate. (Training and guidance will be provided as needed).
* To conduct reviews on Project related Business Management System procedures and facilitate training / process mapping events etc.
What do I need to do the role?
* Experience in managing/leading employees within a Quality environment
* Knowledge and experience in some or all of these Quality Management Systems (ISO9001, AQAP, AS9100, ISO27001, TickIT Plus, DAOS etc.)
* Experience of auditing, ISO9001 or similar modern standards at lead auditor level.
* Will have worked in a similar role on specification and/or requirements based contracts.
* Computer literate with good keyboard skills and understanding of MS Office applications
* Will have an excellent working knowledge of quality tools and problem solving techniques, and be able to provide guidance to others in the use of them (e.g. Pareto, FMEA, 5 why's, 8D, etc.)
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.