Engineering Assessor- Internal Quality Assurer
Lyneham, Chippenham, Wiltshire
About the role
Here at Babcock International we are looking to recruit an Engineering Assessor- Internal Quality Assurer to be based at Ministry of Defence Lyneham. As the Engineering Assessor you will work with a group of engineering students, you will assess, IQA, monitor and sample work in order to prove competency in a learner for the Engineering Standards.
You will also conduct learner reviews checking progression/H&S/E&D. Administer documentation and invigilate on tests in order for the learner to achieve the full Engineering Qualifications as laid down in the Apprenticeship Standard.
What do I need to do the role?
- Experience in an appropriate engineering environment with a good understanding of work based learning programmes
- Experience in assessing Standards/NVQ/Tech Cert qualifications L2/L3
- Experience of undertaking IQA activities
Would also like you to have;
- A high level of organisational skills
- Strong relationship development skills
- A proven track record of delivering results
- The ability to create and drive forward a culture that achieves results
Lastly, you'll have
- A1/CAVA or equivalent (desirable)
- Hold V1/IQA or equivalent (essential)
- CTTLS or equivalent Adult Teaching Qualification
- Industry related qualifications such as NVQs, minimum level 3
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.