Make a real impact, immediately
We're looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to make an impact to join our team as a Buyer within the Procurement team.
The difference our New Buyer will make
As the focal point for the project team you will be responsible for managing the requirements of the project and works in collaboration with the project team and other stakeholders
The Buyer will work with the Senior Buyer and Operational Procurement Manager to deliver:
* Goods and/or Services for the Company at the best total acquisition cost
* Up to date Supply Chain information through order book management and associated reporting
* Identified value opportunities and levers
* Facilitate Supplier Relationships, becoming the point of contact and undertaking supplier visits
* Governance Compliance
We are looking for someone who wants to collaborate with us on this challenging and rewarding journey and make a positive impact on our business.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for individuals that will innovate for success and who'll bring big ideas and solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions. You will make a positive impact and take responsibility for your part in making a difference and want to make a positive impact on a daily basis. You will be brave and champion of high performance, challenging the unacceptable and willing to speak up when we need to do better
Experience within a Supply Chain role, preferably in a Defence or Engineering environment
Skills and attributes
Analytical skills to analyse data and make decisions
Be able to read and understand technical drawings and ability to communicate complex requirements to/from supply chain is an advantage.
Ability to build and establish strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business
Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload
Education and qualifications
Membership of a relevant professional body, for example the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply at a Level 4 or above or equivalent business related qualification.
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Flexible working
* Autonomy to perform the role.
* The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Babcock's' fastest growing business unit.
As well as:
* Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays;
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance;
* Our Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
* Employee Share Plan;
* Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year;
* Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities;
* If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
Where it all fits in:
Defence Systems Technology (DST) forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Our dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help DST to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customers' mission. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, DST employs approximately 1,500 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth, Portsmouth and Ashchurch.
A number of employee networks support and foster diversity and inclusion within Babcock, connecting people across the business and empowering them to achieve their potential. Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy amplifies their influence.
Other need to knows:
* Location: Devonport
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
If you experience difficulties please click here.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here..
Closing date: 08.01.21