Our Client, the UK's largest gas network are seeking an experienced Scheduler/Control Tower Analyst to support their Stockport team. The role is paying £10.40 per hour, working 40 hours per week, and is a temporary ongoing position.
12.00 - 20.00hrs
To provide transport scheduling and inventory services by planning and implementing agreed strategies and procedures related to the control tower to ensure improvement in scheduled service and performance whilst managing control tower costs and providing excellent customer service across operation. The role holder will be accountable for ensuring adherence to standards and regulatory controls. Knowledge of Transport planning and software application i.e. Microsoft Office required.
The Scheduler / Control Tower Analyst is accountable for the following activities:
- Actively demonstrate and promote the companies values and positively contribute to a customer-oriented approach
- Work within and promote the philosophy of safe team working
- Scheduling of 5 - 10 ERO drivers on a daily and dynamic basis
- Inbound/outbound calling & liaising with drivers and operational field customers
- Planning of accepted work in a completely dynamic environment
- Ensuring resolution of queries/complaints
- Ensuring adherence to process
- Production of reports
- Completion of scheduled work
- Actively contribute towards continuous improvements
- Prepares statistical and management information to assist in the delivery of Customer Performance objectives
- Deliver Quality work, concentrating on data accuracy and completion within a timely manner.
- Work with others cooperatively and flexibly within a team to achieve the collective goal. Maintain excellent working relationships with the business, and immediate colleagues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all process streams within control tower and aim to be cross-flexed in all.
- Participation in shared team learning reviews and other continuous improvement forums to ensure that we are constantly improving the level of service we provide.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of Transport planning and software application i.e. Microlise, Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Understand how the scheduling and inventory processing impact on the wider department
- Able to plan their own workload and balance conflicting priorities with minimal real time supervision
- A strong team player who is capable of building and maintaining working relationships inside and outside their team
- Effective communication techniques, either over the phone or email
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service and can demonstrate a strong customer focus and can actively listen to customers
- Has the confidence and capability to deal with many and varied sets of customer circumstances and advise the operation on a range of options that apply to their situation
- Business software experience - - SAP SD, SAP CRM, web and telephony IT systems and Microsoft applications
- Scheduling and Dispatch teams
- Gas Distribution Networks
- Operations Teams
- Gas Safe Engineers