Our Client the UK's largest gas network have an exciting opportunity for a Site Controller at their Birmingham site. 40hours per week Monday to Friday £12.19 per hour.
Working as part of a logistics team, you will manage a small team including stores persons, admin assistants and drivers whilst assisting the Regional Operations Manager. Your focus will be operational control of warehousing / yard and transport functions for a nominated site. The role holder will plan and organise their own workload, balancing conflicting priorities with minimal supervision.
You will be required to maintain an effective and compliant operation across all responsible activities and ensure adherence to all legal, operational and SHE procedures.
You must have good communicative skills both verbally and in written form, showing a good level of numeracy and verbal reasoning. Experience of leading a team is essential along with being computer savvy particularly with Excel. A logistics background is desirable.
· Knowledge of inventory stock management
· Excellent customer attitude
· Experience of working in a similar role
· Work on own initiative, proactive approach and can do attitude
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to consistently work towards set objectives and tight deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to ensure that successful relationships are established and maintained.
· Communicate with key internal and external stakeholders for queries and questions
· Logical thinking with the ability to resolve problems quickly and effectively.
· A flexible and adaptable approach to the changing needs of the business
· Hold current full driving licence
· A knowledge of good practice relating to Health and Safety Regulations
· Proficient in the use of excel
· Data input and analysis skills
· Fleet compliance record keeping