Manpower UK are currently recruiting for Customs Supervisors to Join our well established client in Derby.
Job Purpose :
Ensure that the product is achieved in accordance with the Transit Schedule definition, whilst maximising revenue through co-ordinating the efficient operation and administration of the services within your control
Job role duties:
- To provide comprehensive daily supervision, guidance and any required in-house training to direct reports.
- To provide support to the Customs Manager, and carry out in his absence, procedures relating to absence management and general operational HR administrative duties.
- To be responsible for customer expectations during the movement of cargo.
- To ensure that all invoicing deadlines are achieved
- Liaise with the branches to gain an understanding of the level of sales activity and resolve issues for the future when business has not been obtained for any reason.
- Resolve any issue relating to the failure of the service under your responsibility
- To ensure compliance is followed by all direct reports.
- To ensure that the commitment made to business/customers/partners is realistic and once this commitment has been made to ensure that it is achieved and any issues are dealt with proactively.
- Ensure that the Invoice Administration team is provided with clear and accurate details.
- To understand the customs processes and requirements for the non EU export and import routes under your control. Ensuring all aspects are dealt with correctly.
Your key attributes :You are required to have an excellent level of literacy and numeracy.You ideally should be able to demonstrate experience in a similar role and working environment.You must be able to think outside the box/creatively to resolve issues on a daily basisMust be hardworking and have great attention to detail
- This operation will be 24/7 and the chosen candidates will be working on a 4 on 4 off basis.
- We are looking for Days shift 6am - 6pm (4 on 4 off)
- Nights shift : 6pm - 6am (4 on 4 off
Salary expectation : Up to 27k depending on the experience
Please apply and Shannon Hallam from our Nottingham office will contact you directly for the next stages