Temp to perm opportunity starting Mid January 2021.
It's an exciting time to work in logistics and our client, based in Dartford, is looking to take on additional staff in their International Forwarding team. If you have customs experience and are motivated to deliver customer excellence, have superb communication and planning skills and are looking to work in a fast paced environment, then please read the role description below and apply!
Reporting directly to the Customs Supervisor, your role as a Customs Administrator will be to support all administrative activities within the customs department, playing a crucial role in collaborating with and enabling the servicing of both internal and external customers. In customs, our ultimate aim is to provide an excellent customer experience.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Run all activities associated with processing customs documentation to include reviewing documentation received for accuracy and completeness.
- Process all data entry requirements ensuring that they are completed correctly and on time.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Working on internal bespoke computer systems as well as Microsoft Office.
- Resolution of customer queries and issues via email, telephone and video conferencing.
- General Administration Duties as and when required.
Your skills and responsibilities:
- Ideally, you will have customs experience and / or experience of working in a forwarding or logistics environment. If your customs experience relates to procedures for European road logistics, that would be ideal.
- A focus on customer excellence.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain information.
- Strong planning, organisational and administrative skills; you'll also have great attention to detail and will pride yourself on high quality standards.
- A true team player who is adaptable, solutions focussed and also able to work on your own initiative.
- Strong customer service orientation and able to communicate clearly and effectively with an ability to build professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work at pace, to deadlines and able to prioritise your own workload effectively.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel.
We are looking for people to work Monday to Friday, Early and Late shifts (between the hours of 8am to 6pm - 8 hours per day), the roles are office based.