Manpower are recruiting Switchboard Operators.
You will be the first line of contact for all phone calls. You will be required to answer the phone in a professional, confidential manner. You will operate the switchboard on a rota basis ensuring a 24/7 service including weekends and holidays.
You will be required to:
- have excellent communication skills and an empathetic manner
- be confident and calm at all times, you will be required to communicate emergency calls such as cardiac arrest, major incident and fire incidents, ensuring that you relay the correct message to all parties
- be required to communicate with on call staff and teams during out of hours
- provide reception duties to staff and members of the public
- Accurately log information relating to calls for legal, reference and audit purposes
To be eligible for this role you must have the following:Good standard of education (English and Maths)An understanding of confidentiality and GDPRPrevious switchboard/call handler experienceExcellent keyboard skillsAn understanding nature, being able to show empathyBe able to remain calm under pressure
This is a temporary, part time position, you will work between 22.5 to 30 hours per week. Shift times will vary, you must be able to commit to flexible working.
This role is offering an hourly rate of:
- £8.92 - Weekdays
- £12.67 - Saturdays and nights
- £16.41 - Sundays and Bank Holidays
Please apply with your up to date CV today.